We Alaskans are mighty proud of our wild state so I decided that I would share a bit of Alaska Trivia with you and a little pop quiz to test your knowledge. Some of these tid-bits are par for the course whenever we have guests and clients, as everyone enjoys knowing a little more about where they are visiting.
You have probably all heard the jokes that start out “You might be a redneck if…” this or that and many other obnoxiously stupid things that men get into.
Well, you very well may consider yourself a true Alaskan if…
- You have attended a formal event dressed in your best clothes, finest jewels and your Sorrels.
- You know beyond any doubt that driving is better in the winter because all the potholes get filled with snow.
- Your snow-blower gets left on the roof of your house or garage, all summer long.
- You carry a bottle of Avon’s Skin-so-soft in your saddlebags or tackle box.
- You know that a “rat-net” is not a rodent catching device.
- You have had waffle soles put on all of your cowboy boots.
Now, let’s test your knowledge! (Don’t worry, we will start slow and easy!)
- What is Alaska’s State flower?
- What country did the U.S. buy Alaska from?
- What is the capitol of Alaska?
- In which Alaska City will you find Northern Lights Boulevard?
- What is the official state sport of Alaska?
- What is Alaska’s state gemstone?
- What is the lowest recorded temperature for Alaska?
- How many times could Rhode Island fit into Alaska?
- Where does the word ‘Alaska’ come from?
- In what year was Alaska’s State flag designed and by whom?
- On what date did Alaska officially become the property of the United States?
- What was that purchase called?
- What are Alaska’s three largest cities (in order, largest to smallest)?
- If you were to order muktuk in an Alaskan restaurant, what would you be served?
- What does the word “Cheechako” mean?
- What was the capitol of Alaska when Russia owned it?
- What is Alaskan Libby Riddles known for?
- What Alaskan City is the Northernmost city in the United States?
- How many rivers does Alaska have?
- In 1867, United States Secretary William H. Seward offered Russia $7,200,000.00 for Alaska. What was he offering per acre?
- What is the name of the largest National Forest in the United States?
- What is the name of the United States’s largest National Park?
- What is the name of North America’s largest mountain and what is the name of the National Park it is located inside?
- What was the name of Alaska’s first newspaper and when did it begin?
- When is Alaska Day?
So, how did you do? Were you able to answer them all? Ok! LOL, so now you would probably like the answers too, right? Hmm… OK! Here you go! Just click this link and it will give you the answers you seek.
The Chisana News Wire for March ~ 2013 was sent out on Sunday, March 24th, if you would like to see what was shared in it, click on this link. If you would like to receive the Chisana News Wire sign up for it at the top of this page in the right hand column as well as for the posts I write here on Alaska Chick’s Blog in the box under it!
If you are ready to get in touch with us to schedule your own Alaskan Horseback Adventure, click the Book-It button below and have an absolutely fabulous day!