After more than a decade of being pushed towards the strange and complicated world of videos and videography, Alaska Chick once again lives up to the “impetuous” aspect of her character, jumping in with both feet with the weekly series Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick.
Live and (mostly) uncensored videos out at the fire pit at Pioneer Outfitters own Alaska Chick’s cabin in Chisana, Alaska. Discussing questions YOU have submitted through all sorts of places. Here, on the website, over at Alaska Chick’s Blog in the comments, on Face Book, Pinterest, You Tube, Linked In, Twitter and Google+, the questions for our Campfire Chats are being asked and Alaska Chick is answering.
The Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick series will continue throughout the winter months here in Chisana and we are determined to make this a weekly gathering.
The campfire will supply the lighting for the videos until the sunlight shines again, here in the remote Interior Alaska Mountains, come spring. When that happy and sunny day arrives, we hope to have a new video idea to offer you to continue to be part of our lives. (Maybe a “Saddle Chat”? LOL)
Here are the links to the Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick posts and videos for you, all in one place! Enjoy them, leave your question(s) and please, share them with the world too!
2014 Campfire Chats
- New Video Series! Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick
- (New Video) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Winter Horses
- (New Video) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Winter Comfort
- (New Video) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Guide Graduation
- (New Video) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Bush Holidays
- (New Video) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Monster Moose
- (New Video) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, S’mores of Questions
- (EXTRA SPECIAL NEW VIDEO!) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, The Northern Lights
- (New Video) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Profound and Humbling
- (New Video) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, On the Trail
- (New Video) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Be Fearless Now!
- (New Video) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Spring Grizzly
- (New Video) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Wilderness Pack Trip Adventures
- (New Video) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Supplies in the Bush
- (New Video) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Wild Alaska
- (New Video) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Horseback FITNESS Adventure
- (New Video) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Wilderness Trapping
- (New Video) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Meet the Team
- (New Video) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Welcome Back!
2015 Campfire Chats
- (New Video) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Living Off the Grid
- (New!) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Back to Bears
- (New!) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Dall Sheep
- (New!) Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Beyond the Harvest
- Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick, Girls in the Wilderness
Videos and YouTube are something new for Pioneer Outfitters to focus on. They have our focus now, so we hope that you will come along with us on this new journey of discovering new ways of sharing this ultimate wilderness and the life we live in the bush of Alaska with us.
“As we live our lives, we make our living.” ~ Isn’t a catch phrase for Pioneer Outfitters and as we do everything, our Team and Alaska Guide Trainees are also involved with the making of these videos. Choosing which question to answer, writing scripts and points to cover are part of the very public face of an Outfitter as well as a Professional Guide. The very physical work to bring in the substantial extra wood for the campfires and the endless re-takes cuts into everyone’s nights ~ for that, I thank each one.
It seems jumping in with both feet and the very rare feeling of having the camera aimed at me wasn’t enough. It quickly became obvious I would have to learn all there was to know about this… so in keeping with the dark and campfire lighting, this is my own self portrait, proving yes, I’m learning!
As for the editing, learning to decipher and learning all the ins and outs of the different video software there is available is a mind-boggle. (We are still experimenting!)
Well, as our Campfire Chats continue to grow and evolve we hope you will continue to be part of our lives and this journey.
The success of the Campfire Chat with Alaska Chick videos depends upon YOU, of course! YOUR questions, your input! We are looking forward to answering YOUR questions, so don’t be shy, ask! Now, you may wonder what we could possibly share that you might be interested in. There are five main focus points to our lives here in Chisana with Pioneer Outfitters that may give you an inspiration boost.
Pioneer Outfitters: Our history, our lives. How we live, how we live without the “magic” of town ~ for instance, “magic” power, “magic” water, “magic” heat (Magic: you know, turning a dial, pushing a button, twisting a knob). Home school is a way of life for our children. The dogs and range horses are very precious and valuable members of our family. (The possibilities are endless for questions here!)
Winter & Spring Excursions: Winter comes hard and stays for half the year in the mountains. We offer snow-machine excursions for guests to experience the Alaska winter months safely and to the fullest extent. Northern Lights, ice fishing, snow-shoeing, sledding and so much more. We trap for fur and hunt the predators that stalk the horses during the winter months. Finding and tending to the range horses is a full time job.
Summer Horseback Adventures: Once known as the largest log cabin settlement in the state of Alaska, Chisana is also the site of the last historic gold rush. It is also a very spiritual place, in which the Native Shamans and Medicine men and women of the various tribes were drawn to. Strong and fearless range horses carry our clients, guests, friends and children across the icy waters, over the dangerous and difficult terrain of the Alaska tundra with ease and comfort. Untouched my commercial tourism, untouched really by humanity, this wilderness is an amazingly pure world, for any Adventure of a lifetime.
Fall Big Game Hunts: Since 1924, Pioneer Outfitters has been guiding people from all over the world into the wilderness of Alaska on horseback. We hunt the majestic Dall Sheep, the Interior Mountain Grizzly Bear and the enormous Alaska-Yukon Moose. Black Bears, Timber wolves and wolverine are also available to be harvested here in Chisana. We have some of Alaska’s most experienced Professional Big Game Guides on hand to answer questions for you and share our campfires.
So that might help you for inspiration! Now where you can leave your questions is something I can help you with right now! Here, on the website, there is a tab at the top of the page that says “Connect with Us” ~ It is a great place to start! ~ You can also leave a question on Alaska Chick’s Blog, in the comments of any post or if you are still feeling a bit shy, you can leave your question in a private message through the “Contact Us” page. Another option is that you can connect with us and leave a question in any of these places, across the Internet!
So, we hope you will join us and be part of all the fun we are having ~ freezing our butts off and enjoying the questions you ask.