Alaska Chick’s Blog third birthday is coming up fast, at the end of the month, and I am liking very much, the feel of my skin, here online.
I missed my first ever blog-post deadline yesterday (Friday, as I write this). Friday Facts. Every Friday, I try to post interesting facts about us, our area of the great state we live in, the beautiful Park we are part of and items of interest along those lines.
I ran smack into, face first, website issues, infograph issues and simply issues that come from living in a much too small of a space, on a day that wasn’t very conductive to yelling, “Go get the stink blown off you! Out! Out! Out!”
So, I am going to do what I do and be grateful to all the people who have touched my life and made me strong enough to handle all life throws in my path.
During the course of the beginning of this shiny new year, I have set new goals and created an incredibly difficult posting schedule for myself to live up to… which, I will!! Don’t give up on me. I was also blessed in some pretty big ways.
My first blessing came from someone I met, when Alaska Chick’s Blog was a newborn and I was completely in the dark about everything, online. She befriended me, watched over me and was always there to unravel the biggest worries with her words and presence, without fail.
Betsy Cross, of What If Today, nominated me to receive the Inspiring Blog Award.
Really?! Was all I could think. It was what I try so hard to be, it was what I want to give the world. For me, to receive this award, this particular award, from this particular person, was HUGE.
Betsy is an incredible friend. She is sensitive and incredibly caring but best of all for me, she is always ready to see the glorious and insanely funny side of life. Our own lives. Betsy has taught me so much, simply by the example she lives, about forgiveness and joy.
There are strings.
(I said she was wonderful, not a sitting duck!)
…and there are ALWAYS strings…
There are rules to follow if you choose to pay it forward:
- First: Highlight 7 other bloggers.
- Next: Include 7 Words or phrases I like in any language(s)
- Finally: Share 7 little-known facts about myself (I’m running outta things I haven’t already told you!!)
THIS I can do!
Seven Bloggers, who inspire me, keep me striving to do better, teaching me how and who make me smile, simply reading their words.
- Gail Young of Gail’s Forum … Someone I believe I was meant to meet. Courageous.
- Jayme Soulati of Soulati Media … Smart and Sassy with a perfect and enchanting smile. Strong.
- Peg Fitzpatrick of Positively Peggy …HOW in the world did I not really meet Peg before Pinterest?? Energizing!
- Gloria Romlewski of Just Working with My Spirit … Gloria is the most empowering human I have ever met. Freedom.
- Marjorie Clayman of Margie’s Moments of Tiyoweh … But it isn’t simply the amazing Margie, it is …like the heart, the living, beating heart, of the entire world, to me, to look up to. The Online Safehouse is just that, for anyone to know, and believe, they aren’t alone. Love.
- Aaron Biebert of 8pm Warriors …Aaron, and his Warrior wisdom has made it ok for me to be proud of my own Warrior self. A Warrior to touch the world. He’s also Attention Era Media and someone I look to, to Stay the Path.
- Rebekah Loper of Rebekah Loper, Writer … Rebekah, brings to life with words, to what lays beneath or just beyond our vision. Imagination.
My 7 Words or Phrases? They come from the inspiration I receive from the people who make a difference in my life.
- Stay the Path
Share 7 little-known facts about myself (Seriously… all I do is talk about myself!) Okok, a deal’s a deal…
…wow… still thinking…
Ok! I am ready now! My 14 year old son is “helping” by giving me some ideas that I might not have already shared with some of you! (Yeah, Jayme, that was for you!!)
My son says: “Tell them this:
- Zach says I am obsessed with vacuuming the house. Ok, I can see how any male would think vacuuming once a day is extreme…. (moving on…)
- My boy also advises me “It doesn’t have to be interesting, does it? Tell them how tall you are, what color your eyes are and if you can remember the color your hair was.” (What a smart-ass. I’ll deal with him later… after I write my post!) I am 5 feet, 3.75 inches tall, my eyes are green and my hair color was light brown. (Ok, it took me a minute.)
- Zach also thinks, what he calls my “morning routine” hilarious. In my own defense, I must say it isn’t me! It’s the guinea pigs! Really!
- I am more comfortable wearing leather than silk, wearing cowboy boots, rather than shoes.
- Impetuous. A word I have heard used to describe me. I do believe they are referring to “Bullheaded, headstrong, forceful and relentless.”
- I fight against my feelings “being hurt” everyday.
- What pees in my post-toasties of inspiration? (Instant mind-blanking-piss-off) Laziness.
Did you know?… Pioneer Outfitters is on Pinterest now! Come, feel welcome and check out Pioneer Outfitters on Pinterest!