The Alaska Guide Trainees in training with Pioneer Outfitters and Master Guide Terry Overly are a huge part of our team. They are the future of the Professional Guide industry.
I put together a list of questions for each of them to answer and to give the world a little insight to the young men and women we have in training at this time. We all agreed that Master Guide Terry Overly should be included as well, since he hasn’t written a post in ages for me… Then, it bit me in the butt. Writing the post wasn’t enough. Coming up with the questions, wasn’t enough. I had to answer the questions too. Sigh.
Meet the Team!
Keeping Up With the Boys is what I like to refer to the updates I share with you all concerning our Alaska Guide Trainees. Meet the Team was a sadly neglected page on this website (hopefully I have it fixed by the time this post is done!), introducing the Team at Pioneer Outfitters to you, as well as the entire website introduces the family and business.
As this idea took shape, for this post, I gathered and drafted questions for them all to answer. I didn’t want to simply share where they are at, as Alaska Guide Trainees, but as individuals, as real people.
So I had a bit of fun. I emailed each one a copy of the questions and as one stopped work to come in, answer the questions and email me back, it was not a group effort. I wanted easy answers from them. I asked them to be honest, but not to take the questions too-oo seriously.
For the answers:
Master Guide Terry Overly (BLACK!)
Alaska Guide Trainee Kaleb (Green)
Alaska Guide Trainee Makinzi (Purple)
Alaska Guide Trainee Wes (Red)
Alaska Guide Trainee Costen (Blue)
Alaska Chick, aka Amber-Lee (PINK!)
Here we go…
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?(Terry) Yes, My Grandfather on my mother’s side Terrence was his middle name. (Kaleb) No I’m just Kaleb with a “K”. (Makinzi)Not that I know of. (Wes) Yes, my great Uncle Wesley Fox (Costen) I was named after my cousin Coston, his name was spelled differently. ~ No. Just my Mom’s favorite color!
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?(Terry) Today, writing the answers to these questions brings back in focus, times gone by that were very special to me when I was very young and being formed into whatever I am today. (Kaleb) The last time I cried was my senior year of high school after playing my last football game. (Makinzi)When I was mean to someone and then got mad at myself. (Wes) To be completely honest I can’t remember. (Costen) When I left Michigan to come to Alaska. ~ About three weeks ago. Just “full-up”.
3. WHAT IS ONE WORD YOU WOULD USE TO DESCRIBE YOURSELF?(Terry) An Introvert. Some people would say that “you seem so outgoing”, and yes I am, but my outgoing-ness is only shown to just a very few select people. (Kaleb) There’s just not one single word by its self I feel that can describe me as a whole but if had to choose, I would say observant, motivated and energetic. (Makinzi) Reliable. (Wes) Selfless. (Costen) Weird. ~ Indomitable.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?(Terry) Good quality bologna. (Kaleb) My favorite lunch meat by far is hard salami. (Makinzi) Honey Ham. (Wes) Smoked ham. (Costen) Ham. ~ Honey Ham.
5. DO YOU HAVE A HERO?(Terry) Bill Ellis. My hero was Bill Ellis. I believe we all pick heroes for the same reason. They are or appear to you at the time to be everything you wish and strive to be. (Kaleb) My Mom. (Makinzi) My mom, dad and Alaska Chick. (Wes) Yes, my older brother Cody Koch. (Costen) My Father. ~ I have had many heroes. My Grandfather, Kay Weise, Winston Churchill, Terry Overly, Brenda Valentine, Judd Rutledge.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?(Terry) I believe I would try to be friends with myself if I was another person. (Kaleb) I’m not really sure if I would like me or not, but most likely I would. (Makinzi) Sure. (Wes) At times no, but on a regular basis yes. (Costen) Most likely, but I would know that I couldn’t take myself seriously. ~ Of course I would! Probably. Mostly. Umm. Wow. Alrighty. Of course I would! Next?
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?(Terry) Yes I do! However I really do not mean it in a degrading way, it just comes out that way, especially when questions are asked that the answers to are inexplicably obvious.
(Kaleb) I do not use sarcasm much. I am a very serious person and only use sarcasm when a people point out the obvious. (Makinzi) Sometimes. (Wes) No. (Costen) When necessary. ~ No. Never. Not me.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?(Terry) Yes, and I am glad for that . I believe we were created with all of our God Given parts for a reason. However I was circumcised at birth and so far that hasn’t been a handicap in any arena, so maybe tonsils aren’t that important. (Kaleb) Do I still have my tonsils? Yes, I do. (Makinzi) Yes. (Wes) Yes. (Costen) Yes. ~ I have to wonder, … why?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?(Terry) Yes, I have just not had any real opportunities to do it. (Kaleb) I would never consider going bungee jumping ! Call me chicken but I think it’s kind of a dumb decision to jump from somewhere high and the only thing keeping you from hitting the ground is a stretchy rope. (Makinzi) Definitely. (Wes) Absolutely. (Costen) In a Heartbeat. ~ Get a grip. Are you new here?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?(Terry) Raisin Bran. (Kaleb) Cinnamon toast crunch. (Makinzi) Frosted Mini Wheats. (Wes) Golden Grahms. (Costen) Fruit Loops. ~ Captain Crunch.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?(Terry) I don’t wear shoes, I wear boots and I only untie my boots if there is no other way to get them off. (Kaleb) Its depends if I tie them or not. (Makinzi) Sometimes… (Wes) Yes. (Costen) Yes. ~ Only my hunting boots. (I have to, to get out of them!)
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?(Terry) If you mean physically strong, yes I am. If you mean emotionally I would say in some areas yes others I am a softie. (Gini Dietrich, see?? I told you!) (Kaleb) Yes, I believe I am physically strong as well as mentally strong. (Makinzi) Yep. (Wes) For my size, yes. (Costen) Yes. ~ Not in the last few years, physically. Much more, mentally.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?(Terry) Chocolate-Vanilla-Strawberry(Neapolitan). (Kaleb) Chocolate chip mint. (Makinzi) Chocolate. (Wes) Vanilla. (Costen) Moose Tracks or Cookie Dough. ~ Chocolate. Duh.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?(Terry) Their eyes This is a predatory instinct. The eyes are the windows to a person’s soul. (Kaleb) The first thing I notice about people is the way the person carry themselves. (Makinzi) Their attitude/personality. (Wes) Their attitude towards other people. (Costen) How they act. ~ The first thing I notice is how someone holds themselves, posture. Then eyes and teeth.
15. FAVORITE COLOR?(Terry) Black. Black is a full spectrum color and is soothing to my soul. (Kaleb) Green of course. (Makinzi) Blue, green, purple, and black. Can’t have one. (Wes) Red. (Costen) Green. ~ (a-hem. sigh. … duh. No, I never use sarcasm. Not ever.) Pink.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?(Terry)The lack of spontaneity. I believe I have missed out on many good and beautiful things because I spend too much time analyzing the possible outcomes. (Kaleb) The thing I dislike most is that at times I can be implosive. (Makinzi) That sometimes I am arrogant. (Wes) How young I look. (Costen) I can be forgetful. ~ My lack of control over my own body.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?(Terry) My mom. (Kaleb) The person I miss the most from back home would be my Mom, because even when times get tough she strives to see the brighter side of things and inspires me to have a never quit attitude. (Makinzi) Hard to say, I miss part of my family no matter where I am. (Wes) My Dad. (Costen) My brothers and my dog “Blu”. ~ My Grandfather.
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?(Terry) I believe to stay focused on one task at a time and get it done and finished before I start another. This is very hard for me to do.
(Kaleb) A technique I feel I need to work on is taking my time in completing one task at a time instead of trying to accomplish multiple things at one time. (Makinzi) As of right now, my camera readiness, so that I can’t get in trouble for not taking enough pictures. (Wes) My people skills. (Costen) Reading people better. ~ My speaking skills. I tend to get VERY emotional. High-strung. Cranky.
19. WHO IS YOUR LEADER?(Terry) “Me, I am my own leader”. (Kaleb) Technique, my leaders as a trainee would be Master Guide Terry Overly and our team leader/ manager of Pioneer Outfitters Amber-Lee Dibble. (Makinzi) It depends on where I am. (Wes) God. (Costen) I’m not sure. ~ Who is my Leader? Geeze, who comes up with these questions?? (Oh. Yeah.) GOD.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?(Terry) A hand full of animal crackers. (Kaleb) Mighty good moose steaks prepared by our cook Nancy Williams, who is the glue that holds us together. (Makinzi) Today, oatmeal and some tea, does tea count? (Wes) Moose steak. (Costen) Oat meal. ~ A carrot. It was time to feed my cavies and I snitched a carrot.
21. ARE YOU CONTENT AND SATISFIED?(Terry) No.
(Kaleb) Yes, very, this is the place I want to be. I feel this is the best place for me to start the rest of my life. (Makinzi) Sure am. (Wes) Yes. (Costen) Not yet. ~No. I want to live in my Castle. A real house. Big enough so that my children are not stepping on each other, just to move and play.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?(Terry) Black. (Kaleb) Black. (Makinzi) Cyan blue. (Wes) Red. (Costen) Orange. ~ What size box? Seriously.
23. WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU IN YOUR LIFE?(Terry) To take care of my family and loved ones, to see that they are cared for and safe. This is my priority.
(Kaleb) The most important thing in my life and will always be is family. (Makinzi) My family, my homes, and my work. (Wes) Friends and family. (Costen) Getting done what needs to be done. ~ Honesty. My children, Terry, Pioneer Outfitters, my family (my ENTIRE family, here and there.) My team. Doing good. Being ready.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?(Terry) I am not really sure how to answer this question. I couldn’t care less about anyone’s political views, including my own. Any more than like caring about the next thief or burglar that is going to break into your house, hurt and rob you. What can we really do now? Sure, vote, yea sure. We Americans have been to apathetic for way too long. (sigh) (Kaleb) Everyone should have political stand point, but it’s not a major interest in my life. (Makinzi) Um, my political views are not exactly important right now, I mean what can I do I’m only 13. (Wes) Not very important. (Costen) Not very important. ~ Well. My views on good and right come into play. I feel pretty strongly about what I know to be good and right and even more so about what is not.
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?(Terry) Mountain hideaway, “NO” I live in the mountains I am not hide-away-ing at all and no, I do not have a beach house.
(Kaleb) Mountain hideaway. (Makinzi) Mountain hideaway, a beach house would be too hot. (Wes) Mountain hideaway. (Costen) Mountain hideaway. ~ Umm. Duh.
26. WHAT ARE YOU FOCUSING ON, TO IMPROVE, RIGHT NOW, ABOUT YOURSELF?(Terry) More spontaneity in the actions I know that I must take, on all levels.
(Kaleb) Mainly what I am focusing on at this point in my life is reading and studying. (Makinzi) My self confidence issues. (Wes) My typing skills ha-ha. (Costen) To become a big game hunting guide, and a better man. ~ Patience. Always patience.
27. WHAT IS YOUR POINT?(Terry) My point is to improve myself on all levels, live a good, happy and successful life with my loved ones friends and family for as long as I can.
(Kaleb) The point of it all is so I can know as much as possible that involves guiding so I can become a successful Alaskan guide. (Makinzi) I don’t always have one. (Wes) I can’t type, that’s my point. (Costen) I want to be my real self. ~ My point? My point is to make a difference.
28. EYE COLOR?(Terry) Blue. (Kaleb) Brown. (Makinzi) Green, but some people have told me they look gold sometimes. (Wes) Blue. (Costen) Blue. ~ Green.
29. YOU LIED YET IN YOUR RESPONSES?(Terry) NO.
(Kaleb) No, I honestly have not lied. (Makinzi) I don’t believe so. (Wes) Nope, not yet. (Costen) Guilt… ~ Get a grip. No.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?(Terry) Mexican…Hot. (Kaleb)Anything fried. (Makinzi) Don’t have one, there are far to many foods to choose from. (Wes) My Mom’s potato salad. (Costen) Kielbasa. ~ Cold pizza.
31. WHAT ARE YOUR VALUES?(Terry) Honesty, Family, accomplishments, good hard work , success in life.
(Kaleb) Loyalty, integrity, confidence, dependability, honesty and respect. (Makinzi) My values? (Wes) Treat people the way you want to be treated. (Costen) Family, me, and friends, in that order. ~ Honesty, loyalty, courage. (We’ll be discussing “values” again. Soon.)
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?(Terry) The Canterville Ghost. (Kaleb) Fight Club. (Makinzi) Let me think… The Forger. It took me five minutes to figure that out. (Wes) Ted. (Costen) Life of Pi. ~ Rise of the Guardians.
33. WHAT DO YOU NEED TO “LET GO”?(Terry) My insecurities. (Kaleb) I’ve had let go of many things just for the opportunity to come to Alaska. (Makinzi) Not much, the outdoors and some quiet. (Wes) A big, deep breath. (Costen)What was holding me down the most. ~ Outside, air and my horse.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?(Terry) Summer. (Kaleb) Prefer summer but don’t mind winter. (Makinzi) Depends on how long its been summer or winter. (Wes) Summer. (Costen) Winter in Alaska, summer in Michigan. ~ Fall
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?(Terry) Moon Pie. (Kaleb) Chocolate éclair. (Makinzi) No-bake cookies or strawberry shortcake, could be a tie. (Wes) Strawberry cheese cake. (Costen) German Chocolate Cake. ~ Chocolate.
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?(Terry) Strength training.
(Kaleb) Both in my opinion; you can’t do one and not the other. (Makinzi) Both. (Wes) Cardio. (Costen) Strength training. ~ Strength.
37. WHAT IS YOUR WEAKNESS?(Terry) Making decisions that hurt or will hurt someone that I really care about feelings, or cause guilt feelings to myself for hurtful things that happen to someone I love or care about. Emotional things.
(Kaleb) What any guy’s weakness is at my age, girls -duh. (Makinzi) Seeing someone I care about get hurt. (Wes) Waking up in morning. (Costen) I doubt myself too often. ~ Chocolate.
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?(Terry) None. I don’t read books. (Kaleb) Everything guide related, from rules and regulations/ statues and guide morals and ethics. (Makinzi) Divergent by Veronica Roth (Wes) I am not reading anything. (Costen) My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers. ~ My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers, A Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren, Pale Demon by Kim Harrison and Marketing in the Round by Gini Dietrich and Geoff Livingston.
39. ARE YOU A LEADER OR A FOLLOWER?(Terry) I am a leader. (Kaleb) I am very much so, a leader. (Makinzi) My sister says I am some of both. (Wes) A leader when I can, but a follower when I must. (Costen) I feel I can be both. ~ A Leader. Unless you are a better one, then I will follow you. Being in charge is not my idea of a good time. I make a good second.
40. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?(Terry) Mostly none but television over computers. (Kaleb) Computer. (Makinzi) Computer. (Wes) TV (Costen) Television. ~ Computer.
41. ARE YOU PART OF A TEAM?(Terry) Yes.
(Kaleb) Yes I am, and I take great pride in being apart of the team we have here at Pioneer Outfitters. (Makinzi) Yes. (Wes) Yes, Pioneer Outfitters. (Costen) Yes. ~ Oh yes.
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?(Terry) I am not sure of the distance, but I have been quite a few places, Mexico, Canada, the East Coast, Hawaii, and many of the States. (Kaleb) Here in Alaska Is the farthest I’ve been away from home.
(Makinzi) The state of Michigan. (Wes) Chisana, Alaska. (Costen) Chisana, Alaska. ~ Iran.
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?(Terry) Yes, I do several things very well. I am a very good Bush Pilot landing on and in no air strip areas and mountain tops, ice and snow. I can shoot pistols and rifles very accurately. I am a trapper/hunter and survivalist. I have a very keen sense of awareness of all things around me. But my spelling sucks. (Kaleb) Not that I know of. (yet!) (Makinzi) Not really. (!! Ugh!) (Wes) Not that I’ve noticed. (YET!!) (Costen) I make people laugh. (Atta-boy!)
~ Everyone does, I am told… I just haven’t figured out what mine is.
44. FAVORITE SOUND?(Terry) My little granddaughter saying “Papa, I love you Papa”. (Kaleb) Silence is my favorite sound especially after a hard day’s work. (poor dude) (Makinzi) The sound of my brother and sisters having fun. (Wes) Waking to spring birds chirping. (Costen) Acoustic guitar, or Cameron playing piano. ~ My children laughing. Children laughing.
45. WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO GIVE, TO MAKE YOUR DREAM COME TRUE?(Terry) Hard work, time, dedication, years of anguish and heart break is what I have already given and I will give the same as long as I live, God willing. (Kaleb) This question is easy for me to answer because I’m already doing it. But what I’m willing to give to be successful is everything I’ve got inside of me no what obstacles I have to over come. (Makinzi) Almost anything. (Wes) Anything. (Costen) The people that hold me back. ~ EVERYTHING.
46. REALLY?(Terry) Yes, really and much more.
(Kaleb) Yes really. I am a very self-driven individual that is always striving to make myself better and will stop at nothing to be successful in reaching my life goals. (Makinzi) Yeah, really? 46 questions and we’re not done. (Wes) If you had my dream, yes. (Costen) Yes. ~ Really.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?(Terry) San Diego, California.
(Kaleb) I was born on a United States military base in Germany during the time my mother serving in the United States Army.
(Makinzi) Fairbanks, Alaska. (Wes) Laughlin, Arizona. (Costen) Midland, Michigan. ~ Westfield, New York.
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?(Terry) It’s OK, it makes me think and reflect on times past. (Kaleb) It’s not bad. (Makinzi)Not really, thank God my math lessons don’t have 48 and more problems. (Wes) Could be worse. (Costen) Its not bad. ~ Sure. My laptop. Kitty on my lap. Three dogs holding my chair in place. Cup of coffee. 6:30 am, and the house is quiet. What’s not to like?
49. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?(Terry) Rodeo
(Kaleb) AMA motorcycle races. (Makinzi) Football or NASCAR. (Wes) High school wrestling (Costen) Football, college basketball, baseball ~ In real life? Volleyball.
50. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?(Terry)Western and old Rock and Roll. (Kaleb) I really don’t have a favorite genre of music I’m willing to listen to it all. (Makinzi) Don’t have one, I can’t usually pick favorites. (Wes) Anything but screamer. (Costen) Classic rock. ~ All of it. Really.
51. DO YOU FEEL YOU ARE SUPPORTED, IN YOUR POSITION?(Terry) Yes. (Kaleb)I do feel supported here at Pioneer Outfitters. (Makinzi) Yes, I do. (Wes) Yes. (Costen) Very much. ~ Most times. In most of my “Positions.”
52. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SMELL?(Terry) The scent of a woman. (I hate it, when he does that!)
(Kaleb) Don’t have one. (Makinzi) When the trees start to thaw in the spring. (Wes) The air after it rains. (Costen) Steaks on the grill. ~ Bread rising and baking.
53. WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE TO YOU?(Terry) Smiles on the faces of my loved ones, a warm and happy house and home, all bills paid, money in the bank, good health for all of my loved ones and to be smiled on by God. (Kaleb) To me success isn’t something you can see but how you feel about whatever its you are doing. (Makinzi) Success looks like many things but I guess to me success is if whatever it is gets done quickly, correctly, and effectively. (Wes) Being happy with what you do. (Costen) Doing what you love, everyday. ~ Living in the Castle. With me in my office, writing this.
54. FAVORITE MEMORY?(Terry) Seeing Isabella’s little head pop out of her mama’s tummy at birth and then turn around and look directly toward me for at least 3 or 4 seconds, just like she already knew me. (Kaleb) Fishing with my grandfather when I was younger. (Makinzi) Too many to choose from. (Wes) The last Christmas I had with my older brother. (Costen) Any with my best friends Cameron and Evan. ~ Walking right by Master Guide Terry Overly, waiting at the airline gate when I got off the plane in Anchorage for the first time. (I wasn’t quite ready to introduce myself!)
55. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST CHALLENGE?(Terry) Refer to # 54. (Kaleb) Not know what the future holds in life. (Makinzi) My biggest challenge is to try and make sure everyone stays happy. It is really hard. (Wes) Getting people to believe that I’m 22 years old. (Costen) Adjusting to my surroundings. ~ Being O.K. until the Castle is ready to move into to.
56. WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD?(Terry) To see smiles on the faces of all that work with us and that are involved with the projects and doing the work that is necessary and required to move forward toward our goals here at Pioneer Outfitters.
(Kaleb) Knowing that at the end each day I’m getting closer to the goal that I want to achieve the most and that is being the first African American Master Guide licensed by the state of Alaska. (Makinzi) Accomplishing something. (Wes) Success. (Costen) The woods or wading in the river. (no, not this river!) ~ Being out riding, with someone I can share my world with.
57. WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO MOTIVATE YOU?(Terry) The desire to reach the goals we have set for ourselves and seeing that we are reaching our goals. (Kaleb) It doesn’t take much to motivate and I am mostly a self-motivator. (Makinzi) A simple “Get it done Kinz.” (Wes) Fun. (Costen) The reward in the end. ~ A purpose, a smile, someone to work with.
58. FAVORITE WILD ANIMAL?(Terry) Caribou.
(Kaleb) Timber Wolf. (Makinzi) How many favorite questions are there? As before I can’t pick a favorite. (yes, she MUST make the strangest things, difficult.) (Wes) Sun bear. (Costen) Cougar. ~ Grizzly Bear.
59. IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING, RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?(Terry) I don’t know if I can answer this question. (Kaleb) The first thing that comes to mind is world hunger and poverty. (Makinzi) I would change the fact that everyone in my family gets mad so easily. (Wes) The President. (Costen) Not making the promise, to not shave my beard until I got home. ~ The Castle would be finished.
60. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?(Terry) Scary Movies. (Kaleb) Scary Movies (Makinzi) Depends on my mood, and who I’m watching a movie with. (Wes) Happy endings. (Costen) Happy endings. ~ Sci-Fi Scary Movies with Happy Endings.
61. WHAT IS THE MOST SATISFYING PART OF YOUR LIFE TODAY?(Terry) Just knowing we will have tomorrow, to keep on going, working and accomplishing our goals. (Kaleb) Knowing that I’m doing what I love the most. (Makinzi) Knowing that I have a good family and getting to ride horses. (Wes) Walking out of my cabin and hearing absolutely nothing. (Costen) Going to bed knowing I worked hard. ~ Sharing our world and my own thoughts and lessons, with the world.
62. IF YOU WERE STRANDED ON AN ISLAND WITH UNLIMITED FOOD AND WATER, AND COULD HAVE ONE THING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?(Terry) A good woman.
(Kaleb) A woman, ha-ha just kidding, probably a good tent. (Makinzi) My whole family, that includes some friends too. (Wes) My lil pup, Leo. (Costen) A cute girl to cook for me. ~ Something to write with and on. (This is gonna HAVE to be shared!)
63. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE?(Terry) Just remember, “From dust thou came and into dust thou shall return”. So enjoy life. (Kaleb) “It’s better to burn out then fade away.” (Makinzi) “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn (Wes) “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.” By Ayn Rand (Costen) “I’m not unique, I’m weird as hell.” By Costen “Coso” Smith ~ “All evil needs to flourish is for good men to do nothing.” by Edmund Burke
64. ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?(Terry) I would say a Night Owl. (Kaleb) Night owl. (Makinzi) Both. I tend to stay up late, about 2 or 3 A.M. and get up anywhere in between 6 and 7 A.M. (Wes) Night owl (Costen) Morning person. ~Mornings!
65. WHAT THREE SONGS WOULD BE ON THE SOUNDTRACK OF YOUR LIFE?(Terry) The Man In Black by Johnny Cash, Handy Man, by James Taylor, She Never Knew Me At All by Don Williams.
(Kaleb) Call of a Warrior by Volbeat, any Nickleback song and Fuck the Police by NWA. (Makinzi) Heck If I know. (Wes) What it’s Like by Everlast, Remember and Far from Home by Five Finger Death Punch. (Costen) Danger Zone, “The Chain” by Fleetwood Mac, and December by Collective Soul. ~ I’m Alive (with Dave Matthews) by Kenny Chesney, Amazing Grace by Johnny Cash, Superman (It’s Not Easy) by Five For Fighting.
66. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON, DEAD OR ALIVE, WHO WOULD IT BE?(Terry) God, and if not God then Adam. (Kaleb) GOD Himself, in the Flesh. (Makinzi) My Grandpa Paul. (Wes) My Grandfather. (Costen) Tiger Woods. ~ Winston Churchill.
67. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT STATE OF MIND?(Terry) Concerned over so many uncertainties. (Kaleb) Positive. (Makinzi) Hyper, this is way too many questions. (Wes) Sleepy. (Costen) Sober and hungry. ~ Need more coffee.
68. WHAT DO YOU VALUE MOST IN ANOTHER PERSON?(Terry) Loyalty. Honesty and dependability are spinoffs of loyalty. Loyalty is very important. (Kaleb) Honesty. (Makinzi) I’m not really sure. (I’m losing her…) (Wes) A sense of humor. (Costen) Trust. ~ Honesty and excitement.
69. WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU LEARNED IN THE LAST WEEK?(Terry) That there is a lot I don’t know and really need to learn.
(Kaleb) Looking for specific signs of animals to become a successful trapper. (Makinzi) How to convert algebraic sentences. (Wes) I learned who my real friends were. (Costen) That my brother can draw cool picture of me and a horse on notebook paper. ~ I can post the guest posts that I have written on my own blog. (With permission!)
70. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY SUPER-POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?(Terry) The power to create peace and global unity. (Kaleb) Immortality and the ability to read people’s minds without them knowing it. (Makinzi) Either the ability to read minds, so that I could know how they think and see things, or the ability to fly just because it would be awesome and I would not to have to pay for a flight to Chisana. (Wes) Fly. (Costen) I would just like to be Iron Man. ~ Remember “the box” from school? When you put your finger tips together to form a little box that you can peak through, frame a target…and squish? Yeah. That’s the one. I want that.
71. IF YOU COULD SAY ONE THING TO THE ENTIRE WORLD, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?(Terry) Open your eyes, to be really vigilant, strong and cautious.
(Kaleb) Why settle for just being average when you be so much more? (Makinzi) I would quietly say, “Holy ____, I can’t speak in front of this many people,” and then I’d hide. (Wes)Don’t give up. (Costen) Can’t we all just get along? ~ You are NOT alone. We ARE in this together.
72. ARE YOU HAPPY IT”S ONLY #72 QUESTIONS AND NOT #100?(Terry) Yes, however I do have a lot to say! (Kaleb) Hell yeah! (Makinzi) I guess, but why’d it have to get to 72 in the first place? (Wes) You have no idea. (Costen) Yes I am. ~ Well, yeah. I have 5 other people’s answers to put together in this post!
After receiving all the emails back, I started putting this post together. As I copy and pasted, edited, add punctuation and capitol letters (boyzzzz.) and read through everyone’s different responses (including my own), I found myself amazed again, at how unique we all are.
I hope you enjoyed this (very long) post and I hope you feel as if you know us all a little better. There may soon be a day you and I shall meet for an Adventure and I look forward to riding out with you. Maybe you’ll share a few things about yourself with us. Here, in the comments would be almost as great.
Take Care & Safe Adventures!